About the job
Bally Design, Inc., has a 50-year legacy of producing award winning product design. We have over a hundred patents, and our awards keep coming in as we trend forward as industry leaders. Our goal every day is to work with clients to design products and experiences with practical purposes to work for those who interact with them. Our human centered design is at the surface of all that we do as we stretch the imagination of product design with our clients. Our teams work with companies in a variety of industries, including Robotics, Medical Device, Industrial, and Consumer.
As part of our design team, you will be asked to support multiple projects in a team-based environment. Your primary focus will be on the delivery of design solutions that meet the project goals and ultimately success for our clients. Reporting to the Design Director of Product Design, you will be responsible for everything from the initial concept to the development of the design.
If you believe that design can be a driving force for innovation and feel challenged taking a human-centered approach to design, then Bally Design, Inc. could have a home waiting for you as a Senior Industrial Designer.
Job Skills & Required Qualifications
- Work closely with clients in order to understand project goals, and design constraints while helping to define the problem.
- Conduct user research efforts to gain a better sense of the customer journey and product use in context, utilizing various design thinking tools.
- Generate highly creative concepts that are practical while still pushing the boundaries of possibilities.
- Present concepts to clients for feedback and intelligently synthesize feedback to effectively refine the design.
- Construct both non-functional and functional prototypes utilizing a variety of techniques at various stages of the design process.
- Work independently and in close collaboration with other designers on the team.
- Manage both small and large projects, staying within budget and schedule, while successfully fulfilling project goals at each key milestone.
- 15+ years of experience as an Industrial Designer.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Industrial Design.
- An outstanding portfolio of design work.
- Great hand and digital sketching skills for communicating ideas and concepts.
- Ability to create hand models and mock-ups in a variety of mediums as a means of testing interactions at scale, as a way to further learn and develop an idea.
- A desire to collaborate with other designers, willing to accept and offer criticism.
- Independent thinker and worker who can easily adapt to a team approach.
- Strong understanding of materials and manufacturing processes and can apply these considerations throughout concept and design development.
- Great eye for aesthetics and can create photo-realistic renderings from CAD
- Highly proficient at building conceptual CAD with some proficiency in building early-stage production-ready CAD.
- Solidworks, Visualize or Keyshot, Adobe Creative Cloud, and MS Office proficient.
- Previous experience working in a consulting firm is preferred.
- A portfolio must be provided in order to be considered for this position.
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
Please ensure that a link to your portfolio is included in your resume for us.