Join our team!
Here’s your chance to become part of a skilled group of industrial, graphic, and interface designers; facilitators, researchers, and engineers; creative thinkers and healthy skeptics. Are you a seasoned designer who believes that thoughtful, well-designed products can truly make a positive difference in people’s lives? Do you know someone who is passionate about innovation and enjoys solving a complex challenge?
Bally Design is looking for just such talent, skill, and expertise.
Send your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Industrial Designer
We are looking for someone with experience leading projects and delivering solutions that are thoughtful, intuitive, and visually striking. You will be involved in many roles, from early research through 3D CAD development. You must be able to efficiently communicate ideas visually using hand, digital sketches, and renderings. We expect the ideal candidate to have a strong understanding of materials and processes as well as a fundamental understanding of how things work. Strong communication and project management skills are essential for managing internal project teams and collaborating with our clients. Most importantly, you must embrace Bally’s philosophy of human centered design, the importance of delighting our clients, and ultimately their end customers.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
• 10+ years of relevant design experience in the design of medical, industrial or consumer products
• The ability to conduct, process, and present design research
• Solid understanding or visual brand language and process of developing inspiration boards
• Good team facilitation skills
• Create informed user personas and scenarios
• Create, coordinate and build physical mockups to test ergonomics and user experience
• UI/UX experience not required, but a plus
• Proficiency in SolidWorks
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite
• Proficiency in MS Office suite
We’re looking for a tech-savvy, solution-oriented designer with 5+ years of practical experience in interaction and visual design for digital products and services. Experience in a consulting environment preferred. You will work collaboratively on a variety of complex and challenging products — desktop and web applications, mobile apps and websites. You will be a critical component in all phases of a project—from user research to product definition to creating final solutions that are thoughtful, intuitive, and visually striking. While you will be asked to push the envelope of creativity and innovation, you must do so in context of the technological realities and project constraints. With Bally Design’s nearly 50-year philosophy of human-centered design, you must be a champion for the end user.
You might be right for this position if you can:
• Design interactive wireframes—low fidelity conceptualization sketches to detailed content-driven prototypes
• Create high-fidelity visual design mockups with exceptional form, color, composition, and typography
• Effectively balance the desires of the user with the needs of the business
• Clearly communicate design process, solutions, and implementation specifications
• Conduct, synthesize, and present design research
• Create informed user personas and scenarios; develop detailed user flows, journey maps and/or storyboards
• Define information architecture and content strategy
• Plan, conduct, and document usability tests
• Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite